When I got to the internet as a teenager, I was careful never to use my real name - everything was under an alias, because the internet wasn't the same as the real world. When I started using the internet as part of my professional career, I kept everything at an arm's length -- but it doesn't work that way; in my case, I found that I was always leaving out details, so as not to cross any boundaries. I'd rather not have multiple versions of myself anymore -- it's just too difficult to keep track, and it feels dishonest -- like I'm keeping one part of myself stashed away, making all my writing and posting inauthentic. I didn't like that, and I'm stopping it now by sharing myself with you, under my name, which could not be more clear since it is the web address of this whole kerfluffle.
In short, I am:
- AN EDUCATOR, with fifteen years in teaching and school administration, currently serving as principal to a private Catholic high school
- A WRITER, published once in 2008 and then allowed to back-burner by inept focus, but there's plenty to get down on the page and out of my head, and that personal goal leads to this website
- A PHOTOGRAPHER, capturing local music events, area architecture, parks and preserves on a local/state/national scale, as well as creating mixed-media prints and more as resulting projects see fit, as well as assisting local non-profits
- A STORYTELLER, using the former two and penultimate items on this list, along with on-stage performances and virtual events, to connect with others through shared experiences
- A DIY ENTHUSIAST, utilizing books, the internet, and the idea that anything that I might be able to do should be attempted, resulting in various woodworking creations, screen prints, major renovations and minor electrical work
- A FATHER, giving the best years of my life and all of my energy to my son, who would like to play Minecraft instead, but learns from me all the same, and asks the best questions
- A LEADER, working to shape my educational organization and those beyond its walls, always walking with by colleagues to help them become the best educators they can, while always improving my own skill set
- A LIFELONG LEARNER, constantly improving my own skills in all of the above by studying, trying, doing, failing, re-doing, and being ready to teach others. I used to keep it all to myself, but I think it's time to share. That's why this website is here.
I appreciate that you have taken the time to review my story, and make it part of your own. I am happy to be a supporting character to you in any way that I can when it comes to your life. However, please know that on this page and all postings throughout, I am behind the pen, and in this story, I play the Leading Man.
All writings and photographs used on this website are taken by Frank Accavitti III, and may not be republished, reused, or otherwise duplicated without the written consent of the website owner, who can be contacted via the Contact tab in the site header.